It is so cold here today that I have been thinking of starting the fireplace.
It is a pass-through fireplace, between two rooms.
The thing is – we never light the fireplace, because the first time we did this, on our first Christmas in the house, it set off the smoke detectors. The shrieking pierced through the house, and we had to scramble to figure out which one was the culprit. Arrgh.
So, this morning, I woke up to smoke detector hell – a battery went, and the little shriek kept calling out – and I could not figure out where it was coming from. This at 4:14 a.m.
This is telling me – light the damn fireplace. But. Dust it [inside] this time. If I have to listen to smoke-detector hell, I may as well be warm.