Saturday is the “How to Market your Screenplay” class. We get taught how to pitch, and we pitch to the instructor – a development guy that likes romantic comedies. [In particular, he likes “It Happened One Night”.] Um, my script is a romantic comedy.
I am preparing for this event. Here is the list –
1) Buy new sexy jeans. Check.
[this is part of the screenwriter’s uniform. Jeans. T-shirt. Sneakers.] [I shall wear boots]
2) Get a decent haircut. Scheduled for Saturday am.
3) Practice the polite “no.” Check. [practice again]
4) Study Max’s book. [will re-read in the car it is a long drive]
5) Have the logline ready. Check.
6) Research this guy. Check. He is kosher.
7) Document plot points and beats. Um. This area is lacking at the moment I better hurry.
8 Be sure to pack the “I’ll sleep with you…” T-shirt.
9) Eat a big ol’ bagel and creamcheese before class. Yay!
10) Come home and watch the Oscars. And dream.